Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. (Manager’s Name)
I am interested in applying for the full time position as a Senior Office Clerk as posted on Website. Enclosed is my resume for your reference.
I completed my Bachelor’s degree in Sociology in Feb 2007. Since then, I’ve performed seven years of administrative experience. In that time, I’ve gained in depth knowledge of the various tasks and duties required of office clerks across the spectrum of job roles. I have a wide ranging familiarity with Microsoft Office and other office management software, and have developed a suite of efficiency tools to keep the office organized and on task.
Working as Head Office Clerk at Omega Corporations has prepared me to meet the challenges of a managerial role in professional office environment. I have shown my competency in clerical duties such as filing, typing, answering phone calls, and dealing with public. I simplified the process of retrieving data from the computer systems, maintaining departmental records, and typing daily reports, which allowed the company to save $24,000 in labour cost annually. In addition, I was responsible for supervising and training a staff of three regular clerks and four interns. I believe that my proven managerial skills and cost cutting abilities, I can contribute effectively to your company and be a valuable employee.
Additionally, I worked at Land’s End Industries where I handled the payroll activities for 60+ employees, answered an average of 40 calls per day and improved customer service rating by 15% via training other employees in new service techniques. Throughout my tenure I was reputed for taking the initiative, welcoming challenges, and scrutinizing alternatives to overcome obstacles.
I would be thrilled to have an opportunity to personally interview with you. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration.
T: Phone number
E: email address
Your clerical cover letter is the perfect opportunity to show prospective employers how your strengths and skills match their needs for the clerical job opportunity.
Clerical work is wide-ranging and varied, focus on the different capabilities and competencies you can bring to the position and the company.
Identify and highlight the most relevant skills in a well-written and persuasive clerical assistant cover letter that sets you apart from the competition.
Sample Clerical Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Human Resources Manager
8 Industry Place
New York, NY 10021
Dear Ms Morgan
I am very interested in the Clerical Assistant position you advertised on XYZ and believe I have the capabilities to successfully meet your requirements. Please allow me to highlight my skills as they relate to the job opportunity.
- Proven ability to multi-task under pressure and plan and prioritize effectively to meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in producing accurate documents and reports within tight time constraints.
- Track record of developing and streamlining processes to improve efficiency.
- History of establishing and maintaining productive and positive working relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
I am self-sufficient and able to work independently as well as part of a team. I believe my enthusiasm, my skills and my strong work ethic can make a positive contribution to your company. I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you to schedule an appointment and provide you with more information.
Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Include a job-winning cover letter with your clerical assistant resume and quickly convince the hiring manager of your suitability for the job.
This clerical job description will assist you in identifying the relevant skills to highlight in your clerical assistant cover letter.
Powerful phrases to build your clerical cover letter
You can select appropriate phrases to create the cover letter you want.
- I read with enthusiasm your advertisement for a Clerical Support Assistant in XYZ. A brief description of the skills and strengths I would bring to this position includes the following.
- In response to your advertisement for a Clerical Assistant please consider my resume. I am confident that my abilities can make an immediate and positive contribution to your company.
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent data entry skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills ensure efficient completion of multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment.
- Able to work effectively with diverse individuals.
- Track record of exercising sound judgment in identifying and solving problems to achieve task objectives.
- Able to take initiative and complete assignments independently.
- I am available to meet with you for an in-depth discussion at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you.
- I look forward to hearing from you soon to set up an appointment at your convenience. Thank you for your consideration.
Office Assistant Cover Letter
Admin Assistant Cover Letter
These cover letter resources will help you to create a job-winning cover letter for yourself.
Clerical Cover Letter Tips
Job Skills List
List of Workplace Strengths
Email Cover Letter
The Clerical Job Interview
Clerical Interview Questions
Administrative Interview QuestionsCommon Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Clerical Cover Letter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page